I enjoy inventing and have the following patents issued (with a few others pending).
Other (non-patented) inventions
I've also had a number of other technical inventions published on IP.com.
- System to enhance messaging platform notification handling based on the current locations of individual users(Feb 09, 2023)
- A trusted personal assistant that augments questions and responses to/from other third-party assistants...(Jan 11, 2023)
- Automatically closing browser tabs that have become redundant based on event metadata(Dec 06, 2022)
- Method to automate closure of related tabs when a purchase is made in a browser(Sep 08, 2022)
- System and method for controlling access to the slides of a presentation as it is being presented(May 26, 2022)
- Method for verifying where a person lives using confidence patterns against their historical location data(May 10, 2022)
- Automatic assignment of conference call participants into multiple rounds of sub-groups(Nov 25, 2021)
- System to help users activate clickable elements of a web page(Nov 24, 2021)
- System and method for synchronizing annotated notes with discussion from temporal media(Jun 30, 2021)
- Automatically tag screen recording video output with application metadata(Jan 15, 2021)
- Scheduling meetings containing multiple segments where some attendees are only needed in some segments(Oct 09, 2020)
- System to automatically identify when new IM messages might be better suited to a thread(Sep 02, 2020)
- Use of geolocation to enhance accuracy of social media handles and hashtags suggested and used(Aug 21, 2020)
- System to determine the relevance of social media posts based on other users' responses(Jun 05, 2020)
- Detection of password-like strings based on organizational criteria(Jun 01, 2020)
- Conference call quick join for co-located participants(Jan 14, 2020)
- Method to share a link to an email with other recipients over instant messaging(Jan 14, 2020)
- Movement of autonomous vehicles to optimize availability of parking(Jul 26, 2019)
- Performance improvement to biometric authentication mechanisms(Mar 01, 2019)
- Auto placement and resizing of images across slides in a presentation software package(Jan 29, 2019)
- A method to automatically detect potentially incorrect hashtags(Oct 01, 2018)
- Method for detecting co-located devices in a distributed audio system(Sep 18, 2018)
- Smart plug to control power flow to an electrical appliance, based on user authentication(Feb 27, 2018)
- Method for users to update an email that has been sent(Apr 01, 2016)
- Enhanced file selection with keyword intelligence(Sep 08, 2015)
- If keyboard locale has changed, warn user when they enter their password(Sep 04, 2015)
IBM Master Inventor
In October 2021 I was awarded the honorary title of IBM Master Inventor in recognition of my ongoing contribution to IBM's patent portfolio and invention community.
My Google Scholar profile can be found here.